COVID-19 PCR testing is available by appointment only at both of our locations.
At our Niagara Medical Centre location on Niagara Stone Road, we offer FREE testing for asymptomatic individuals that meet specific criteria established by the province**(details below), as well as privately funded PCR testing for travel.
**Eligibility criteria for government funded testing (Updated as of August 27, 2021)
You can get a covid 19, are not part of a specific outbreak investigation, and if any of the following apply to you:test if you do not have symptoms, have not been in close physical contact with someone who currently has
As of August 27, 2021 the following population groups are part of a targeted testing campaign and eligible for pharmacy services related to COVID-19 PCR testing:
- Workers (including support workers), visitors (including caregivers) and government inspectors of long-term care homes;
- Temporary Foreign Workers;
- Individuals who self-identify as Indigenous;
- Individuals, and one accompanying caregiver, with written prior approval for out-of-country medical services from the General Manager, OHIP;
- Individuals who are travelling into remote/isolated First Nation and Indigenous communities for work purposes; and
- Until September 6th, 2021, pre-camp testing for campers and staff attending overnight summer camps.
The following individuals no longer qualify for publicly funded pharmacy services related to PCR COVID-19 laboratory testing:
- Residents, workers (including support workers), visitors (including caregivers) and government inspectors of retirement homes;
- Residents or workers in homeless shelters or other congregate settings;
- International students who have passed their 14-day quarantine period; and
- Children and staff of child care settings;
Attention Travelers: please refer to the IATA link provided below for the most up to date mandatory requirements for the country (or countries) of your trip as well as mandatory requirements for returning back to Canada. www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php