What is ADP?

The Government of Ontario provides funding for rollators, walkers and other mobility devices through their Assistive Devices Program – ADP.

To qualify you must:

Be a resident of Ontario

Have a valid OHIP card

Require the mobility device for more than 6 months (ADP will not fund equipment for use post-replacement surgery)

ADP funding is NOT income based

ADP will cover 75% of the cost of the rollator or walker, you pay the remaining 25%*

*Third party insurance may cover some or all of your 25% portion.

You will NOT qualify if you are already receiving financial support from WSIB for the same mobility aid or are a Group A Veteran receiving financial support from Veterans Affairs Canada for the same mobility aid.

How do I access this program?

An ADP authorized Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist must provide an assessment and complete the ADP form.

If you are already under the care of an authorizing therapist you can ask them to complete an authorization form for you, you can then bring that form into Simpson’s and we will provide you with the mobility device as per the Therapists instructions.

Simpson’s can put you in touch with a local authorizing Therapist in the area who will complete a private assessment (usually in the region of $70 – $80, payable directly to the Therapist).

Who Do I Talk to?

Just call us, we will guide you through the process.

Call Paula 905-468-2121 or email her paula@simpsonspharmacy.ca