Rapid antigen tests are easy-to-use tests that detect certain proteins in the virus to confirm the presence of COVID-19. Results from these tests can be available in as little as 15 minutes.
Rapid antigen tests are easy to use at home. You can either test yourself or have someone help you.
Start by reading the instructions that come with your kit.
IF YOU GET A POSITIVE RAPID ANTIGEN TEST RESULT
If you test positive using a rapid antigen test, it is highly likely you have COVID‑19. You should isolate and follow the appropriate guidelines.
You do not need to get a PCR test to confirm your rapid test results.
If you test positive and are at high-risk of severe illness you may benefit from anti-viral treatment.
You may be at higher risk if you are any of the following:
- 60 years of age or older
- 18 years of age or older and are immunocompromised
- 18 – 59 years old and at a higher risk of severe COVID-19 including having:
- chronic medical conditions (such as diabetes, heart or lung disease)
- inadequate immunity against COVID-19 from:
- not receiving a full primary series of the COVID-19 vaccine
- having received a full primary series but no COVID-19 vaccine or COVID-19 infection within the past six months
As of December 12 2022, our Pharmacists can prescribe anti-viral treatment to higher risk individuals, please call us at 905 468 2121 with the following information and we will arrange for a Pharmacist to contact you by telephone for an assessment.
Date of Birth
How long have you had symptoms?
When did you get your positive test result?